So here’s how to transform your survey, usability tests or heatmaps, into product requirements:
- Identify the issues and the metrics behind. Clicks and views are not meaningful analytics
- Brainstorm with your team on solutions about the research insights
- Prioritize in a list, what should be done first. Consider:
- Technical feasibility. Is it doable with your current technology and team skills?
- Business/Project budget. Is that affordable with your resources?
- Production time. How long does it take to be released?
- Impact for the user. Is this the most painful problem the user has?
At last, take the top items and transform them into user stories and wireframes. This will auto-generate your first product requirements document (PRD).