Collaboration and communication issues are present at every company. What makes different your team from Intel, Google or Tesla teams is having a continual improvement process.
After contrasting Lean vs Agile vs Design Thinking, here’s how Jeff Gothelf’s book explains it:
You must identify and choose the specific elements of each methodology that work well for your teams, so you can focus on effective collaboration and continuous improvements to satisfy your user needs.
He recommends to balance the product research and delivery. So teams can learn while testing and releasing features. But keep in mind:
- Working in short cycles
- Hold regular retrospectives
- Put the customer at the center of everything
- Less research work but more often
- Putting the research work in the backlog
- Radical transparency in the process an metrics